For the rub:
1 tbsp black peppercorns
2 tbsp of coarse sea salt
3 tbsp of brown cane sugar
2 tbsp of coriander seeds
2 tbsp of fennel seeds
1 cardamom capsule
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
2 lb mixed beef brisket
For the hop cabbage:
11.2 fl.oz. Bitburger Triple Hop'd Lager
1.5 ounce of olive oil
Salt from the mill
pepper from the grinder
1 handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare the grill (with lid approx. 225 ° F - 250 ° F) for indirect low-medium heat.
- Put the dry spices in the mortar for the rub and grind them roughly.
- Rub the beef breast with the rub and cover at room temperature. Min. Marinate for 30 minutes (preferably overnight in the refrigerator).
- Now grill the beef brisket on indirect heat with the lid closed for approx. 4.5 - 5 hours. Gradually spread the chips on the embers and smoke the brisket.
- After the first grill time, first wrap the beef brisket in baking paper & aluminum foil and continue to grill for 4 - 4.5 hours until the core temperature is between 200 ° F.
- Clean the cauliflower, put on baking paper and season with salt and pepper. Then put on a piece of aluminum foil, fold in lightly and wet with beer and oil. Seal into a packet and grill with the lid closed for approx. 1 hour. Open the parcel 10 minutes before the end of the grill time, sprinkle with cheese and grill.