For the skewer:
35 lb of pork cheek
1 tbsp of paprika powder, sweet
3.5 fl.oz. of Bitburger Triple Hop'd Lager
2 yellow peppers
2 red peppers
3 purple onions
6 sprigs of rosemary
2 fl.oz. of olive oil
Salt from the mill
pepper from the grinder
For the sweet potato:
11 oz. of sweet potato, cut into sticks and baked
5 oz. of iceberg lettuce
3 - 4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 fl.oz. of Bitburger Triple Hop'd Lager
1 - 2 tbsp of. sliced herbs
2 - 3 tbsp of. roasted onions
4 metal skewers
- Prepare the grill (with lid approx. 250 ° F - 300 ° F) for low-medium, indirect heat.
- Season the meat with salt. Quarter and core the peppers. Peel and halve onions. Halve the garlic in the same way. Season with salt and pepper and mix with paprika powder and beer. At a minimum Marinate covered for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Alternately skewer the bell pepper, onion, cheek and put the rosemary in between. Continue until all ingredients are skewered.
- Then brush with olive oil and grill with the lid closed for approx. 1 - 1½ hours. Finally, season to taste with salt and season with black pepper.
- For the salad, spread the iceberg lettuce together with the sweet potatoes on the plates. Mix the mayonnaise with beer and pour over it as a dip. Top with herbs, cheese, roasted onions and serve with the skewers.