For the crotch:
1.5 lb of pork neck
2 cloves of garlic
1 piece of ginger, approx. 2 cm
1 red hot pepper
Grated and juice from 1 organic lime
2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp of sesame oil
2 fl.oz. of Bitburger Triple Hop'd Lager
Salt from the mill
pepper from the grinder
4 metal skewers
- Prepare the grill (with lid approx. 400 ° F) for medium-high, direct / indirect heat.
- Cut the meat into thin, bite-sized slices.
- Peel shallots, garlic, ginger and finely dice. Core the peppers and dice as well. Grate the peel of the lime and squeeze out the juice. Mix the cut ingredients with lime zest and juice, teriyaki sauce, beer and sesame oil, add to the meat and massage in.
- Marinate the meat covered at room temperature for about 30 minutes (preferably overnight in the refrigerator).
- For grilling, dab the meat lightly with kitchen paper, put on the skewers and grill with the lid open for 1-2 minutes from each side, until a strong pattern emerges. Then switch to indirect heat and grill for a further 6 - 8 minutes. Finally, let it rest for 6-8 minutes without heat.