For the rub:
2 tbsp of sea salt
2 tbsp of brown cane sugar
2 - 3 lime kaffir leaves
1 tbsp of coriander seeds
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of paprika powder, noble sweet
1 chili pepper, dried
For the sauce:
5 fl.oz. of Bitburger Triple Hop'd Lager
2 fl.oz. of lemon juice
2 fl.oz. of maple syrup
5 fl.oz. of passion fruit juice
- Prepare the grill (with lid approx. 220 ° F - 260 ° F) for low indirect heat.
- Grind all the spices together in a mortar.
- Peel off the silver skin on the back of the ribs. Go under the silver skin with a table knife or a skewer close to the bone, loosen slightly and remove with the help of kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle the ribs with the rub. Cover the ribs and marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes (preferably overnight in the refrigerator).
- Put all ingredients for the sauce in grill / cookware and boil down in a syrup-like manner with the lid closed. Season with the remaining rub.
- Grill the ribs on indirect heat with the lid closed for approx. 3.5 - 4 hours. Turn in between. Then brush 2-3 times with a little BBQ sauce and let it caramelize again and again with the lid closed. This process takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the ribs into pieces of two and coat with warm sauce.