For the pulled chicken:
1 Cornish chicken approx. 2.5 lb
½ tsp fine salt
½ tsp paprika powder, smoked
1 tsp dried chili flakes
½ tsp brown cane sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
Juice from 1 organic lime
4 brioche burger buns
4 Romana salad hearts
1 - 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 fl.oz. Bitburger Triple Hop'd Lager
4 - 5 tbsp dijonnaise (mustard & mayonnaise)
4 slices of cheddar cheese
4 tbsp roasted onions
- Prepare the grill (with lid for 350 ° C - 400 ° F) for medium indirect / direct heat.
- Season the Cornish chicken with salt. The remaining spices and sugar are finely ground together in a mortar. Mix the maple syrup and lime juice.
- Place the Cornish chicken in a poultry holder and grill with the lid closed for 30-35 minutes. Then sprinkle with the spice mixture and brush with syrup / juice. Grill for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the burger buns in half and grill the cut surfaces shortly before the end of the cooking time. Clean and quarter the Romaine lettuce, remove the stalk and marinate with beer, vinegar and oil.
- Portion the Cornish chicken, cut the skin into pieces and pluck all the meat from the fiber finely from the bone.
- Spread the lettuce hearts over the rolls and top with plucked chicken. Put the fried onion and cheese on top and melt with the lid closed over indirect heat. Coat the top half with dijonnaise and serve the burgers warm.