For the avocado:
2 bottles Bitburger Premium Kellerbier
16 slices of bacon
Juice of ½ a lemon
Freshly ground salt
Freshly ground pepper
For the salad:
300 g herb salad
(e.g. rocket, sorrel, wild cress, chickweed)
3 tbsp passion fruit vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
25 ml Bitburger Premium Pils
Vegetable oil for greasing the cooking grid
Grilling and cooking utensils
- Preheat the grill (with lid, approx. 200° C - 220° C) for medium-high direct/indirect heat.
- Bring the beer to the boil in the closed cookware and boil the eggs for about 5 - 6 minutes. Cool quickly in cold water and shell.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone and the skin. Hollow out the holes left by the stone with a spoon so that they can be filled with the eggs. Put the other half on top and wrap 4 slices of bacon around.
- Grease the grill grid with oil and grill the avocados in indirect heat and with the lid closed for 6 - 8 minutes.
- Sort the salad. Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette together and add to the salad.